Wednesday, June 15

So close to the end....and yet

I'm so close to the end. It's just right around the corner. Just one more test. Just one more rotation. Just a few more weeks.


Instead of going through a traditional BSN program, working for a few years as a staff nurse, and then going into a Masters Midwifery program - I chose to complete my BA and then apply to a bridge program. In case you're wondering what a bridge program is, it is a bridge from a general Bachelor's degree to a Masters of Science in Nursing. In addition to the CNM curriculum, I have spent the first 3 semesters completing what would be the last 4 semesters of a traditional BSN program. This is what I'm almost done with.


In order to finish the last semester, we have to go through "boot camp." We will work three 12h shifts/wk on a general med-surg floor, while juggling approximately 3 patients or being the charge nurse for the other students in the group. In theory, this is a great idea that I should be excited about; however, in my case I was assigned the instructor, who's name alone elicits a grimace from anyone in my class.


I will not despair. I will not live in fear. I've already gone up smiling and introduced myself to her, letting her know I'll be in her boot camp group. I'm walking by faith and counting it all as blessings. God can work through any situation, through any person and produce miracles. So I'm going into this with an optimistic attitude, with the faith that God will be present in every interaction with my group, my patients and my instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment